“I LOVE Music !” your child says, whether with words, or with their body when music is playing and when enjoying an instrument, or with their facial expressions when you are singing with them. If they could, they might tell you their top 5 gifts of music like this.
I love to listen in the car, and sing along with the fun songs. I love to make music with my instruments, and anything else I can bang on or shake ! Most of all, I love it when my family and I enjoy music activities together:
lap bounces with daddy like “Giddy Up A-Horsie”, dancing with scarves with mommy, and circle dances like “Ring Around the Rosie”…
More, please. Let’s do it again !
Research shows that music activates my whole brain, enhancing ALL my learning right now, and building a strong foundation for all my future learning. My brain is always searching for patterns that help the world make sense, and music is full of patterns. My brain learns best when comparing opposite concepts, and music is full of contrasts. My brain learns best when NEW things catch my interest, and is followed by many repetitions to help keep strong what I have learned.
More, please. Let’s do it again !
If I could, I would tell you that the gift that would mean most to me,
the one that will fill more of each of my days with fun and learning,
the one that will last the longest, and make marvalous memories,
is the Gift of Music !
My TOP 5 Gifts of Music
#1 – Kindermusik
makes it fun and easy for me and my family to learn new songs and music activities, and gives us all the materials to keep the fun and learning going at home, and in the car ! And it makes me feel so good because Mrs. Debbie thinks I’m so unique and wonderful, and helps me learn in my own way.
#2 – It is so much fun to unwrap and explore new musical Instruments !
Mrs. Debbie recommends these shopping places:
- The ONLINE Kindermusik Store has LOTS of great music, instruments, scarves, and even sets (best prices!). Please “tell” them that Mrs. Debbie sent you by entering her educator code, #15788, at checkout.
- At the studio, Mrs. Debbie has a limited supply of integrated music sets (that means CDs, books, instruments, props and more that ALL connect on a specific theme that kids LOVE.) Click the yellow link, or contact Debbie for more details.
- Music for Little People has the best, most expansive collection of musical stuff for our young children. Mrs. Debbie could get in a LOT of trouble here!
- Locally, there are several great music stores. Did you know Brooke Potteryalso has a nice small selection?
- Mrs. Debbie’s Advice: choose instruments your child can be successful with. Some instruments, like a violin or guitar, are best considered with recommendations for the right size and quality, as well as lessons from a music educator.
#3 – I would LOVE to learn songs about things I am interested in !!!
On play.kindermusik.com, there are hundreds of songs , stories, and music to choose from. AND, there is a way to SEARCH for songs about the things I like most, like TRAINS, CARS, ANIMALS, Princesses, or growing a garden. It is easy to download these songs, and the first 10 credits are free when you log in. Families enrolled in a Kindermusik class not only get the CDs, but they can dowload all the music from the class for FREE, along with MORE fun activities that are part of the semester.
Need something that is easy, durable, and safe for me to use to listen? Check out this cool SweetPea3 MP3 player
#4 – I think I’m READY for music lessons!
Am I ready to sit down one-on-one with a teacher for a specific instrument?
Or will I learn best how to read and write music, and play instruments, through singing, moving, and playing games, which will get me READY for more formal lessons?
Better talk to Mrs. Debbie and Mrs. Tiffany, to see what is best for me at this time.
- Kindermusik for the Young Child (ages 5 – 7) with Mrs. Debbie
- InTune Studios offers: Private lessons on the piano, violin, flute, guitar, or voice
- Art’Sing – unique program with group voice, acting, dance, and art
- there is an Afterschool version that can include Martial Arts !
- ART classes are available for toddlers, preschoolers, and elementary ages
#5 – The Greatest Gift is Musical TIME with YOU and ME
I really like to hear you sing to me, teach me the songs you grew up with, tell me rhymes while I bounce on your knees, pull out the pots and pans and tell me what beautiful music I am making, help me make homemade music instruments, dance with me with music that’s got a groove, and rock me to sleep with the most soothing lullabies. It’s a gift you can give everyday, and it doesn’t cost a thing, except your time.
More music, please. Let’s do it Again !
What GIFT of music are you giving YOUR child or family this year? Please share !
Filed under: All ages, Child development, Debbie's thoughts, Holiday, Kindermusik International, Spring Semester | Tagged: children, gifts, holidays, instruments for children, music classes, music sets, musical gifts | Leave a comment »