This Kindermusik program is a wonderful place for families to experience the social world of children and adults, while children learn to participate in structured group setting. Toddlers learn to balance their need to explore their world independently, and their continued need for the close bond and security of the parent or significant partner (close relative or friend) with whom they attend. All the while learning to love music through rhymes, songs, movement, and exploratory play.
Fall Semester classes are offered on Wed. 10:30 or 11:30 am. or Thurs. 9:30 or 10:30 am. at Explorations V Children’s Museum in Lakeland. Parents attend with the children in 45 min. classes each week for 15 weeks.
Away We Go! Hop on the train, get in the car, board the plane, ride a horse and Away We Go! This delightful, 15-lesson unit focuses on transportation, a favorite topic for toddlers who are on the go, go, go! Sing and play along with favorite songs, such as “I’ve Been Workin’ on the Railroad” and “Wheels on the Bus”. Explore fast and slow, smooth and bumpy, and high and low, and much, much more. Zoom, Zoom!
– 2 CDs of high quality music featuring a variety of voices, instruments, and styles
– 2 Children’s literature books with interesting characters, story lines, and word plays
- Shiny Dinah tells the story of a train,
- Giddy-Up! has a horse, speedboat, racecar, and more to help you get where you want to go.
– A Home Activity Book which includes the words & melodies of the songs, as well as ideas, cut out games, and optional resources to help bring the learning home.
– an instrument – TWO durable harmonicas, specially made for young children to enjoy blowing and sucking to get a variety of sounds. The second if for mom, dad, or a sibling to play along with. My daughter, almost 4, STILL loves to play with her Away We Go! harmonicas.
– a cool Shiny Dinah Train carrying box, they can use with all the fun train songs, and to act out the story from the book.